Navigating Divorce In Illinois
Divorce is a sensitive subject that requires a sensitive approach. When choosing a divorce lawyer, it is important to work with an attorney you trust.
For five generations, residents of St. Clair County and the surrounding communities have trusted the experienced divorce attorneys at Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law, to help them resolve divorce issues with the least amount of damage to individuals and families.
Our Belleville divorce lawyers are here to protect your rights and help you make a smooth transition to the next chapter of your life.
Practical, Affordable Divorce Law Solutions
Our goal is to help our clients find workable solutions as quickly and affordably as possible. We make every reasonable effort to help our clients avoid litigation, but when the issues are too significant and the parties can’t agree, we aggressively defend our clients’ interests in Illinois divorce court.
Not every divorce is the same. We offer divorce law services to cover a wide variety of client needs, including:
- Allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time (commonly known as child custody and visitation): We can help you develop your initial child custody and visitation agreement, and work with parents who need a modification of a child custody order. Such situations can happen when one parent moves to another state, when children grow older, and family situations change. Further, we help enforce child custody agreements.
- Child support: Our lawyers can guide you through all child support-related matters, including initial support determinations, modifications and enforcement.
- Marital property division: However complex or extensive your marital assets may be, our law firm has the resources, knowledge and skill to craft a marital property division agreement that is both fair and equitable. We have the experience to handle complex, high-asset divorces. We also assist our clients with post-divorce enforcement of judgments.
- Spousal maintenance: Whether you are seeking spousal maintenance (alimony) or it is being sought from you, we can protect your interests.
- Military divorce: Many of our clients either work at or have family members who are stationed at Scott Air Force Base. We have decades of experience assisting our military friends and their spouses in resolving their unique issues regarding asset division, retirement benefits and child custody needs related to a military divorce.
- Contested/uncontested divorces: When possible, we urge clients to save money, time and anguish by settling their asset division, child custody and other issues themselves. However, we can also assist clients involved in complicated divorces who cannot agree to terms. Whether you are considering a contested or uncontested divorce, we can assist you.
- Modification and removal: Clients seek modifications of their divorce decrees for many reasons. We can help you seek a change in terms for child custody or visitation, child or spousal support, or other considerations. If one parent is relocating, we can help you with your removal of children concerns. Whether you wish to leave Illinois permanently with your child or prevent a former spouse from doing so, our law firm offers complete modification and removal services.
Our clients appreciate the commitment to quality legal services shown by our attorneys and staff. During this difficult time, you can count on us to answer questions and provide competent legal advice based on decades of experience, return phone calls promptly and update you on the progress of your action, and seek experts to prove your case in court.