Helping You Keep Up With Life’s Changes

People’s lives and situations change constantly, and they don’t stop after a divorce. If you seek a court action to relocate your child, amend conditions of your divorce decree, modify orders of child support, or terminate parental rights, the attorneys at Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law, can help.

From our offices in Belleville, Illinois, we have long assisted clients in St. Clair County and surrounding communities who seek legal solutions during life’s transitions. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer at 618-277-3600.

Modification of Child Support, Custody, and More

Following a divorce, parents often have reasons for seeking modifications of child support, custody, and visitation. Common occurrences include relocation due to work, the remarriage of a former spouse, consensual adoption of a child by a family member, and allegations of physical or sexual abuse by a parent or stepparent.

Other grounds that might warrant a modification of a decree include:

  • Unhappiness of a child with his/her living or custodial arrangements
  • Neglect of a child by a custodial parent or guardian, or non-custodial parent or guardian
  • Change of parent’s city or state
  • Change in quality of living arrangements or environment
  • Change in parent or guardian’s work arrangements (unemployment, income, working nights, etc.)
  • Military deployment

Regardless of the modification you seek, our skilled attorneys can discuss your circumstances, evaluate your legal options, and develop a legal strategy to realize your goals. Generally, we must prove to the court that a substantial change of circumstances has occurred that alters the context of the original agreement.

Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law Can Help Bring Calm From Chaos

Because modifications and divorce-decree changes often involve circumstances that are delicate and unique to each individual, we urge you to contact Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law, today for a free and confidential consultation with an attorney: 618-277-3600.