Experienced Guidance For Family Law Matters
At Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law, we handle a variety of situations that involve individuals and families who need legal help to make their goals come together.
Our Family Law Services
With law offices in Belleville, our attorneys handle a broad range of family law issues for clients in St. Clair County and throughout the surrounding areas. The scope of our practice includes:
- Prenuptial agreements: Although “prenups” have gained a bad name, it is undeserved. Our attorneys can help you and your future spouse appreciate the advantages that creating a premarital agreement can provide your estate when compared to default divorce laws.
- Adoption: Our practice has spent years helping stepparents, grandparents and other family members adopt children. We also represent parents who wish to contest the adoption of their biological children by other parties.
- Establishment of legal paternity: If you wish to establish paternity rights to a child, we can walk you through the process of obtaining necessary blood or genetic tests and presenting them to a court. Likewise, a paternity test can absolve you of parental responsibility for a child that isn’t yours.
- Nondivorce child support and child support modification: If you are responsible for supporting a child for reasons of paternity, inability to parent or other reason, we can advocate an appropriate payment amount, or petition for a modification, in the case of job loss or another change of circumstance.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: If you wish to become the legal guardian for a loved one who is too young or too incapacitated to care for himself or herself, our law firm can make the necessary legal arrangements.
- Domestic violence: These sensitive and often urgent legal matters require skilled legal guidance. We can protect your interests in any domestic violence-related matter, including those involving orders of protection.
Our lawyers have extensive experience handling family law issues in Illinois. When legal disputes affect the family, we understand the importance of resolving them amicably. However, when the other party refuses to be reasonable, we are always prepared for aggressive litigation.
Call A Trusted Belleville Family Law Attorney Today
We urge you to call Johnson, Johnson, & Nolan, Attorneys at Law, today for a free and confidential consultation with an experienced family law attorney: 618-207-4137 or 888-628-8977. You can also contact us online by filling out a brief form.